Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kansas

Many of my friends know how much I miss Colorado, being as I remind them of it so frequently! However, here are a few things that I ADORE about living here in Kansas:

* My House. If you have never seen it, you need to...
* Fireflies. Whenever I see them at night, I automatically feel better about life.
* Ice-Cream Trucks! Ok, so I haven't actually bought anything (yet!) but when I hear the music coming from their trucks it takes me back to sweet memories of my childhood.
* Bull Mania. For those of you who know me, you are SHOCKED. I often admit how much I am NOT into cowboys. But, last year I went to Bull Mania with a friend of mine from work, and now im HOOKED. Everyone there seems so happy...and during intermission the little kids come and see who can ride sheep for the longest amount of time without falling off. Adorable.
* Clear Skies and Starry Nights. I love taking walks at night here. It is warm, and the stars are everywhere!!!
* My Job. Ok, so no one gets into social work for the pay, right?! I have some of THE best co-workers and bosses in the entire world. Period.
* My Clients. Obviously, they go hand in hand with my job! Although, I have days that they try my patience more than anyone else I have ever met, I am constantly learning things from them. Not to mention, those rare moments when something good happens in their life... in those fleeting moments all of the sweat, tears, venting sessions, and hard work are MORE than worth-while.

...for these things, and a few others...I will say, thank you Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment